Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Marina and The Diamonds




Yesterday was crazy. But amazing.

For my birthday (which is tomorrow actually), my sister bought tickets for the both of us to go to Marina and the Diamonds. Standing in line for an hour and a half in 91º weather wasn't too much fun but after we got in there, we knew we'd be glad we came. Opening act: Charli XCX, a British singer who I didn't know of until she introduced herself. The moment she started her first song was when the madness began. It was almost worst that is was a girl populated atmosphere because nobody was afraid to aggressively push and pull other girl's hair. It got even crazier when "Charli" sang the hit I Love It, a song that she features in along with Icona Pop. When Marina came out, I admit, I went a little psycho. After waiting for hours to see her and sweating like a pig from the body heat of people I was crammed into, I, along with everyone else, thought that it was only appropriate to go insane. Every single song, we screamed out the lyrics along with her, unable to hear our own voices. She was first dressed in a pink bustier along with a matching skirt and a veil, next changed into a black outfit similar to the pink, and lastly, a full-skirt silver dress; she just looked so picturesque. Honestly, I couldn't have imagined her being better live; her voice was perfect, even better than in her recordings. I was exhausted even though it wasn't too late (only elven) when it ended, from dancing around, and fighting an absolutely crazy crowd. Check Marina and the Diamonds out on iTunes as well as Charlie XCX!


Here's a little snip it of the concert: the song she's playing is Shine. Sorry for the cutoff and poor audio, I was only able to send a video of this size from my iPhone, the rest were too big!

Also, I will be covering Marina and the Diamonds as a fashion icon in a post coming soon so keep a heads up!

No comments:

Post a Comment