Sunday, May 5, 2013

Canvas to Cloth SLCC Fashion Show



Dressed in navy blue polka-dot trousers, a tangerine chiffon blouse, and a deep blue tweed blazer, just yesterday night, I was sitting in the audience of the SLCC Canvas to Cloth Fashion Show. With bright coral lipstick and a messy topknot on my head I felt confidant, ready to tackle the night. The XX's Crystalized came on the speakers and the runway walk began. I was sitting in the third row (to my displeasure), but I found that if I leaned back I could manage to take some decent pictures with my little, amateur, digital camera. Although I looked slightly ridiculous close to the professional photographers, I was still determined to get some shots of the designs. The runway show ended up being a little over an hour, actually starting at about 7:20 pm. and ending at about 8:30 pm, although I ultimately stayed for an hour or so later to explore and capture pictures of the venue. Now, the theme of the show was "tribal inspired", and when I originally found out that the show was located at the Natural History Museum of Utah, I could only think, 'who in the hell made that decision?' expecting something horrifically drab and prosaic. Nevertheless, after arriving, I can only say that I was hopelessly impressed. The architecture of this newly renovated building added a modern twist on the concept, of the show yet tied the aspects of tribal culture together with the Native American relics. Complementing beautifully to the architecture, were the outstanding designs. Lines from ten different designers set sail through the museum, down the runway. Although I would show all the photos I took, there is only a limited amount of space so I choose a select number of pictures of the designs to display here:















The people you see behind the models are the parents of some of the models, other spectators were seated elsewhere; just some extra info. 

No comments:

Post a Comment