Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Dresses + Kate Nash

The setup before the show

Friday night my sister and I headed down to The Venue with the tickets that she bought for the both of us. For Kate Nash. We were psyched. Opening for Kate Nash was a band called Dresses; a girl and three guy group. I was so pleasantly surprised regarding their beat and original sound, so much so that I bought their CD on the spot. In particular, the lead singer (the girl) had such a stunning voice; unique and seriously breathtaking. So green of a band with so little publicity, they have only a handful of songs, most of them on YouTube (look up Dresses the Band). Furthermore, they do have one single, Blew My Mind on iTunes which also happens to be my favorite song by them (also make sure to see the live version of Blew my Mind on YouTube). I highly recommend that you check them out!

Dresses singing the song The Duet Song

Drum and guitar jam
See Kate Nash on the next page...






As for Kate Nash's performance, I was disappointed. Now, for anyone that listens and/or knows Kate Nash, you would imagine her coming on with a vintage-y getup with a vintage-y hairstyle, and then singing her coffee-shop-esque songs. Instead she entered with messy black hair (her hair used to be auburn), torn fishnets, and (sorry) just a horrendous ripped dress. On top of that, she was krunk! She had obviously had more than a couple drinks before the show and had a little storage of Red Solo cups behind her. My sister and I only gave each other a look like, 'whatever, we love her anyways '. BUT, then she started singing. It wasn't actually singing it was more like screaming with newly unrecognizable lyrics to the songs we knew. On a good note, she was hilarious. Between each song, she'd go off on a drunken rant about life and ass-holes, which ultimately induced me to stay.

Kate and her getup

A short rant about d*** head boyfriends

1 comment: