Monday, April 1, 2013

Beauty: Dewy Fresh

The Vogue way:


The "I can't afford Nars and Tom Ford makeup" way (aka my way):

Burt's Bees Peony Lip Shimmer: $5.00
Maybelline's Expert Wear Eye Shadow Chic Naturals in Champagne Fizz: $3.00

Use as a duo in replacement for the lipstick and highlighter shown in the video above. I chose Burt's Bees lip shimmer instead of an average lipstick because it is light, glossy, and all natural; when trying actual lipstick I found that it was hard to gage how much to put on and that it was harder to apply. You can buy both Burt's Bees Peony Lip Shimmer and Maybelline's Expert Wear Eye Shadow Chic Naturals in Champagne Fizz in your local drugstore. 

Note: I have a very fair complexion so the shade Peony works for me, if you have a darker complexion, consider looking at the Burt's Bees website to decide which of their twenty-four shades would work best for your skin.



This is a great look whether you are going for a casual or more formal look, and I love how versatile it is. Dress it up with a chic cat-eye or just leave-it-be for a fresh-looking face.

2 comments: