Thursday, March 7, 2013

The End of PFW and Fashion Week!

Photo courtesy of Vogue


Sadly it's the end of Paris Fashion Week, as well the entire Fashion Week, although there are good notes to go along with the finale. It's been an awesome four weeks with so many great points and aspects it's hard to capture it all. Through New York, Paris, and Milan, I tried to collect images that encapsulated the specific feel from that location. Sifting through hundreds of images, I could only choose a few that I felt spoke as a whole to the city. I have to admit, Paris Fashion Week may just be my favorite of all four, making this post even harder than the last three. Honestly, it seems like there would be no better location for the final seven days of Fashion Week. With a grandiose collection of most all of my favorite designers like Dior, Chanel, and Valentino, it was difficult to soak along with the phenomenal street and 'front row' style.


I would love to explain and show my favorite aspects of each fashion show in these weeks, I would. But, there's only so much space I should be taking up, and only so much of an attention span to scroll through the entire Fashion Week archive. So instead, I've collected numerous pictures from FW and turned them into conglomerate murals of such (seen down below). To wrap up the fashion shows together to a consensus, I observed the upmost attention paid on shape: a geometric take on fashion to make the clothes come into something of their own. Very much unlike the 2013 spring lines with the exaggerated embroidery, bright colors, and cascading dresses made off of organic shape, the 2013 fall lines brought together block colors, heavy layers, and stiff garments that kept their geometric, almost square shape.




The street style throughout the entire four weeks, was constantly outstanding. There was no city- no day where there weren't numerous unique and original statement outfits that brought out the personality of the location. Some of the best looks came from off-duty models in between shows. With their heavy statement makeup and stylist done hair, their off-runway street clothes contrasted perfectly to make some of the most innovated styles. Most all of the crazed looks incorporated an overload of pattern. There a plethora of scene examples of contrasting patterns using things like a tartan plain with a japanese-esque floral print, bringing out a whole different feel to spring. Colors were bright and vibrant, although with an unorthodox infusion of black into the spring-seasoned clothing. Within the wide use of black, was created modern OP. looks when put into geometric patterns alongside white. There was the excessive use of colored and fluffy fur jackets on the streets as well as the overindulgent use of turquoise, cobalt, sea foam, and other derivatives of blue and green; emerald being a top trend.



I at last conclude with a list of my ten favorites from Paris Fashion Week alone:



  1. Christian Dior's Fall 2013 line:


2. This Cholé skirt:



3. The detailing on these shoes at Dries Van Noten:



4. This Kenzo sweater spotted on the streets of Paris:



5. Miroslava Duma (P.S. I'm going to do a post about her soon!)



6. The patterns on this street-style outfit:



7. These awesome shoes on the street:



8. The lip-color at the Lanvin Fall 2013 show:



9. Mary-Jane pumps:



10. Valentino's Fall 2013 line:



6 comments:

  1. Wow amazing photos! Everyone looks so great. I really love this post thank you so much for sharing <3

    Ps: I have my 1st giveaway on my blog, hope you'll drop by :D.

    Win a Daniel Welling watch (value $199) on my blog:


    www.freshminhtea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Minh Nguyen! I just checked out your blog. . . wow! I am now a follower.

      xox
      Lizzy

      Delete
  2. I love your blog! Following now, stay in touch xx

    thedailysugar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hola guapa
    genial post¡¡ tienes un blog muy chulo
    te sigo desde ya¡¡
    besos guapetona
    http://patricelowcost.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the feedback!

    xox
    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete